Out of the world’s top 500 universities, 21 are in Canada. So, if you intend to study at a Canadian educational institution as an international student, you must apply for a study permit. A study permit, once issued, allows a foreign national to study in Canada at an approved institute for the duration of the specified course or program.Following categories ofpeople do not require a study permit to go to school in Canada:
- If the course or program of study is of less than SIX months duration.
- The family members or staff of a foreign representative to Canada.
- Members of a foreign armed force.
You must meet the following requirements to be eligible to study in Canada:
- Must have been accepted as a student by an educational institution in Canada.
- You must prove that you have enough money to pay for your tuition fees, living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada.
- Should not have a criminal record and not be a risk to the security of Canada.
- Must be in good health and willing to complete amedical examination, if necessary.
- Must satisfy Immigration Officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay.
- A Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) may be required if the student is a citizen of a country from which TRVs are required for entry into Canada. TRV is not required for citizens of visa exempt countries (Find out if you are exempt or not).
Working while studying in Canada: Students are permitted to work while studying in Canada under the following categories:
- You can work on campus without a Work Permit.
- You can work off campus with a Work Permit.
- You can also work in Co-op and Internship Programs, where work experience is part of the curriculum, with a Work Permit.
The spouse or common-law partner of an international student is also eligible to apply for a work permit for the duration as the study permit of the student.
An international student can apply for a work permit under the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program. Generally, the work permit is issued equivalent to the length of the study program but never more than Three years.
How to Get admission in a Canadian Academic Institution?
- Obtain relevant information on the courses or institutions you are interested in. Find the right programs in universities or colleges and learn about what it is really like to live and study in Canada.
- Obtain valuable information on everything you need to know about applying to study in Canada.
- Obtain study permits ,study visas and temporary resident visas.
You only have to complete Step One (i.e. decide what you want to study in Canada) and we will do the rest for you. We are available 24 X 7 to render any advice and help you need on the subject.