1. Skilled immigrants are selected as permanent residents based on their ability to settle in Canada and take part in Canadian economy. “Express Entry Scheme” is a new system under Federal Economic programs to manage how people with skilled work experience apply to immigrate to Canada.
2. Applicants submit an online profile to the Express Entry Pool. Canadian employers and provincial governments across Canada access the best candidates who are invited by the Federal government to apply for Canadian permanent residence.It’s a two step process:
- Step 1: Create Online Profile: Candidate creates a profile online based on his/her qualifications, age, education, language proficiency, work experience and other factors. The profiles are ranked under a Comprehensive Ranking System measuring their human capital contribution to Canada.Candidates with a job offer have advantage and those without a job offer or provincial nomination must submit an employment profile with the Canada Job Bank.
- Step 2: Receive your invitation to apply for permanent residence: The profiles of all candidates will be assessed against others in the pool. The highest ranked candidates will be considered for an invitation to apply for Canadian permanent residence. The invitations are issued during periodic draws throughout the year and candidate must submit a full application within 60days. Successful applications are processed within approximately six to nine months.
- The profile of candidates not shortlisted remain in the Express Entry Pool for 12 months. Thereafter, candidates who meet the minimum criteria may re-submit a new profile.
Learn more about your Score